Economic development is booming in Indian Country in many sectors, including energy, finance, real estate, infrastructure and agriculture. Join us this September in southwest Michigan for a gathering of tribal leaders, tribal economic development professionals, policymakers, and state and federal officials for the 2nd Great Lakes Tribal Economic Summit.
Last October, Tribal Business News with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and Grand Valley State University Seidman College of Business brought together tribal leaders and business leaders with non-Native business leaders. While the focus is on the tribes in the Great Lakes region, attendees last year included individuals from as far away as Oregon, Oklahoma, New York, and Washington, D.C.
The second Great Lakes Tribal Economic Summit will be held at the Four Winds Casino, owned by the Pokagon Band of Potawatomi in New Buffalo, Michigan. Planning is underway to bring the most up-to-date best business practices in Indian Country for the summit, including a welcome reception on Tuesday, September 19, and an all-day session on Wednesday, September 20, 2023.
Tuesday, September 19 from 5:00-7:00 pm - Event Welcome Reception
- Hors d'oeuvres and cocktails will be served
Wednesday, September 20 from 7:00 am-3:00 pm - Summit Event
- 7:00 am Registration
- 8:00 am-12:00 pm Opening Remarks, General Sessions
- 12:00-1:00 pm Lunch
- 1:00-3:00 pm General Sessions & Closing
Hotel Reservations: The Great Lakes Tribal Economic Summit has reserved a room block from Monday, September 18, 2023 to Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at Four Winds Casino & Resort in New Buffalo, MI. Attendees can make their hotel reservations by contacting Four Winds reservations at 1-866-4WINDS1 (494-6371) and reference the hotel block “Great Lakes Tribal Economic Summit”.
- Standard Hotel Rate is $159 per night (plus tax and resort fee)
- Tribal Hotel Rates are available for qualified Tribal Entities providing the appropriate documentation is submitted prior to check-in. Please mention at the time of booking.
- For questions on Tribal Hotel Rates, please contact Ron Sorce [email protected] or (269) 926-5063
- Attendees are responsible for paying for their own rooms and will need to provide a credit card upon check-in
- Expiration of Rate: To receive the room block rate, reservations must be made no later than August 28, 2023
Interested in Sponsoring?
Please contact one of the following:
Kristen Lilya at [email protected]
Levi Rickert at [email protected]
Rich Tupica at [email protected]